Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Times Square and Update on 92nd Street Y

John was feeling a little less than wonderful today so I struck out on my own.  Backing up to last night..... we went to an excellent event at the 92nd Street Y last night that kept us out later than usual.  Thomas Friedman was interviewed by Charlie Rose.  John has read several of his books and especially this week of the debate.... it was a timely talk.  The theater itself was quite beautiful and we were proud of our ability to negotiate both the subway and a bus to get there.... (Many thanks to my long-time friend, Celeste for navigation tips..)
 I headed out to the 72nd street subway (only a few blocks)... I mishandled my month long metro pass and rather than deal with the line behind me I decided to walk....First scenery to pass was at 66th street where Lincoln Center is located....
Coming attractions....





Times Square is always interesting.... I felt very New Yorkish as I listened to a podcast I had downloaded about the history of Times Square.   






Hard to see, but this is Hoda Kotbe at her broadcast of Hoda and Kathy Lee.


 





1 comment: