- Our car was parked in an outdoor lot adjacent to the East River
- Our apartment was only going to be ours through Oct. 31 at 11
- We were missing family, Virginia, our home and friends
- We capped our visit with a mini reunion of good friends from junior high school days in Elizabeth, New Jersey... Terrific venue and a wonderful way to conclude our visit
- We had an amazing 28 days in NYC
It was made more difficult by the fact that college friends, Grace and Carol were due to arrive on Sunday for a visit. Their plan was to arrive by train and to stay through dinner until an evening train would return them to New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We had been planning our day since before we arrived in New York at the beginning of the month. But, calling off the visit and packing up turned out to be wise as anyone who has seen the TV for the last 2 days will know.
I have 2 photos... not mine.... so I don't know if they will show up on the post or not...