Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Holy Trinity Church




My original goal while here was to visita different Catholic church every Sunday for a mass.   I did my research and found an amazing website where somone had gone to hundreds of churches and posted photos and descriptions of the variety of music and languages from the masses.  Our first week I just stayed close to our apartment.  I went to Church of the Holy Trinity on 83rd street.  It was a 7:30 a.m. mass, unfortunately with no music.   The priest, however, gave a great homily.  I figure "only in New York City" could you hear the phrases..... Woody Allen movie, environmental concerns and gun control...... from the altar.  The interior is beautiful as well.  Earlier in the week I had been to St. Patrick's..... just for a quick re-visit...... and with all the restoration going on, it is less impressive than this neighborhood church.  For anyone who had never seen St. Patrick's.... I'm sure it would be a letdown.... but the "after" version should be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment